The Next Book

 The Next Book




Hi Folks!

Okay, so I just checked the date of my last blog - and it was months ago!

Maybe it was the resurgence or continuance of Covid, maybe other things, but my writing bug left me for a while. I find it challenging to write when I'm not at my best. Now, I'm happy to say I'm back. 

I started writing a fourth Jussi Alonen novel and got about one-third of the way through it. Then, as ideas arrived, I started writing another couple of stories as I sometimes do. One of them is now at 18,000 words, and I'm enjoying writing it so much that it's going to be my next book. The others will develop at some stage this year, no doubt.

The new novel will be within the crime fiction genre but darker than usual. Although my first books started as Nordic Noir, they included a high degree of adventure and travel. Perhaps more Bond and Bourne than Wallander. This one is different. It remains in Finland, set in the depths of winter, with a generous sprinkling of intrigue and murder. It's coming along nicely now, and I hope to see it published by midsummer. 

In addition, my Jussi Alonen books received the eyes of a new editor in 2021 and are doing rather well in the Amazon charts and ratings. I also worked with a cover designer, and I will launch the new covers for these books later in 2022.

The Ghosts of Rauma and Aaveiden Rauma have done nicely, with many positive reactions. It was a shame that we had to cancel some of the launch events, but fortunately, that hasn't stopped people from buying them. Looking forward to the return of tourists as they will be the primary readers of the English book in the future.

More later. This blog is only a short one to prove I'm still here 😁

Remember, in addition to local outlets in Rauma, including the Old Rauma book shop, and Amazon sites worldwide, I also have my own online book store now, so if you can't find my books, feel free to buy them from here.

Whatever you're reading, I hope you enjoy it,

Best wishes and Good Health,

John