Murder in Helsinki

Murder in Helsinki


Murder in Helsinki Cover Art

Hello Folks!

I'm a few days late with this post, as I've been busy working on all kinds of things, including the launch of my new novel (above). As you've no doubt noticed, the working title of 'Helsinki Chills', evolved into the final title of 'Murder in Helsinki'.

The book launched quietly (as I had little time to arrange the marketing) on Saturday November 12th. It's encouraging to note the early sales and pages read on Kindle Unlimited. Hopefully there will be some ratings and reviews soon, as without those, books tend to lie undetected amongst the other 2.5 million books on Amazon. 

Here is the book's blurb:

When a frozen corpse is discovered amid a Helsinki winter, Detective Superintendent Topias Torikka is brought in to investigate. The dead man is the husband of a beautiful and beguiling young woman, whom Topias suspects knows more than she reveals. However, before long, she also finds herself in peril, and as the case progresses, so too does the body count. Intriguing connections arise, and motives appear, including the usual suspects: love, betrayal and money. Can Topias identify and bring a criminal conspiracy to justice before someone else dies?

The novel is available in all formats in all Amazon markets: Kindle, Paperback, Hardback and Kindle Unlimited, and is my biggest book to date. In the USA, for example, where many of my other books are sold, you can find it here.

I love the striking cover art, which was designed by a new cover designer from the USA. I also have some copies winging their way to Finland for local sales - I can't wait to receive those, as I haven't held the book in my hand yet!

I really enjoyed writing this thriller, which began as a mystery and evolved into all kinds of action. My favourite chapter being....well, I won't give the game away yet, but it involves an escape of some description. I may write another book featuring my new hero: Detective Superintendent Topias Torikka (apparently they don't have 'Inspectors' here in Finland), and who knows, a new series may be in the offing.

What I like about Amazon is the 'Look Inside' feature. If you take a look there, you'll see the first chapters, which will give you a good idea about the book's style. There are plenty of twists and turns, though, so you might not guess its direction. I tried a different chapter style here, with more shorter chapters, so it's easy to pick up and put down as your busy week allows. 

On another note, I really enjoyed yesterday evening, presenting the 'Ghosts of Rauma' and 'Aaveiden Rauma' books at the local Maritime Museum at the 'After Dark' event. I had the opportunity to tell some ghost stories from the book to the assembled audience, consisting of both residents and visitors.

Well, the snow has started to fall here, and work beckons, so I will bid you a fond farewell, and wish you happy reading!

Best wishes John