Creative Places

Creative Places of Rauma
Pyytjärvi (Lake)

Recently, I was asked where I write and how I find the time and space to be creative?

Well, here in Rauma, I am lucky enough to be living near some incredible nature. This particular lake (in the photo above) is a favourite of mine. Almost every day, I can be found walking the circuit around the lake. Here, I get all kinds of ideas and empties my mind of day to day things, in order to create space for the interesting stuff!
Vanha (Old) Rauma

As you may know by now, the old town of Rauma is a source of non-stop inspiration to me and there are all kinds of small streets and corners that can surprise you each time you walk around it. Each time you walk around it, you will find something new and each house has a story to tell.
Mökki (Summer Cottage)

Another place which can free the mind and start the creativity juices, is a Finnish Mökki. The fresh air, sound of the water and a light breeze are perfect ingredients to write a good story. There are plenty around Rauma and the rest of Finland too.
Relaxing at Home

And the final place...just being at home, although, personally, I need peace and quiet to write...and that is not always easy at home! Therefore, my writing takes place at odd times during the day and sometimes night! 

Looking forward, my next novel is coming on nicely and I am still planning to release it at the end of September. It is a sequel to the novel "The Paintings of Rauma." As the book takes shape and the plot expands, I am really enjoying the story. This novel is is based somewhere else in Finland, however, our hero, Jussi, does pay a visit to his favourite city of Rauma, during the book. 

In addition to my second novel, I also have another couple of writing projects on the go, so I am postponing any short stories until the Autumn, in order to concentrate on these. I look forward to sharing my progress on these books soon.

If you enjoyed this blog, please follow me on here at "Rauma Stories." You can do this clicking the subscribe button, at the top of the main page.  

I hope that you are all staying as safe as possible in these challenging times and sooner or later get a chance to get out into nature yourself.

Happy Reading!

John