Making Waves in Rauma

 Writing in Rauma


The Old White Church in Rauma

Hello Again!

It's still summer here in Rauma, although the nights are getting colder (7 degrees this morning) but now, at 2.30pm, its 23 degrees! So it's been good to spend some more time outdoors. Its great to do some different activities and I always get more inspiration from being outside. It also means that I can take photographs the one above, from just wandering around the town.


Lake Pyhäjärvi at around 10pm

I also had some time to spend on the water. In a boat and in a kayak. By coincidence, in my latest novel, Jussi spends some considerable time doing the same thing. That night was amazing to be on the lake, with the water so flat and almost like glass.


Selfie outside Rauma Library

On another topic, I was really happy and just a little proud to be able to hand over some printed copies of my book today, to the library in Rauma. Sorry about the "selfie," just couldn't help myself! Apparently, one copy will go to the "Rauma Room" where there is a copy of books written about Rauma and one will go for general lending. It's great to be able to share my writing with more people this way.

I am happy to report that I am officially more than halfway through my second novel and that it now has a title:

"The Waves of Helsinki" 

This means that despite lots of things happening, I am still on track to complete it in September. Let's see whether I can publish it by the end of September. It still includes a couple of chapters about events in Rauma, by the way.

I also have another exciting writing project that concerns ghosts...but more about that later. 

Well, the sun is shining and I have an hour for writing now, so its time to get creative and productive!

Hope you have a good week and enjoy whatever you are reading!

Best Wishes John