New Novel Launching Soon

 New Novel Launching Soon


A Mallard Duck Considering its Options

Hello Again!

I hope that this post finds you well? I thought the above picture was quite appropriate for this new blog. Not only is my new book well on its way to completion but also the temperature is turning colder now in Finland and some of our wildlife is heading south.

Things have been busy over the past few weeks and it has been a case of finding small gaps to write, here and there. Its always challenging to progress, when you have to get into your creative space and get some words down before rushing off to do something else. However, sometimes, that's just the way life is and "little and often" does the job. Anyway, I still have a few thousand words left in this story before its first draft is finished at the end of this month. Then, I will set about getting it proofed, edited, covered and published.

Looking forward, the fall in Finland is a great time of year and I am looking forward to some creative inspiration from scenes like the one below. With the arrival of Halloween, it will be a great time to progress the ghost stories that I am collaborating on. I hope that these will be published in both English and Finnish.


Fall 2019 in Rauma

For now though, I am focusing on the new Jussi Alonen Detective Novel entitled "The Waves of Helsinki." I am really enjoying writing it. There is plenty of plot weaving and action in this Detective and Crime story, combined with a romantic subplot. It can be read as a sequel to the first book, "The Paintings of Rauma," or on its own. I cannot wait to announce it. 


Fall in Rauma

Now, though, I have a space for writing....and hopefully soon to walk in this kind of nature, so see you next time!

Stay Safe and Best wishes, John