More Books and More Ghosts

More Books and More Ghosts in Rauma


The Paintings of Rauma - Nordic Noir from Finland

More Books

I received some more printed copies of The Paintings of Rauma this week and will be sending these in various directions. A couple have been requested by the Library of Rauma and I am looking forward to signing and presenting these shortly. Of course, they remain available online on any of the amazon sites (digital or paperback).

The sequel to this book, featuring our hero Jussi Alonen, is well underway now and at 21,000 words so far, I am happy to report that I am on schedule for September publication. This new adventure takes Jussi to Helsinki and onwards to Latvia and Russia. Let's see what mysteries and danger may await him there...and there just might be a new love interest as well!

More Ghosts


On another note, I enjoyed a Ghost Tour this week by Saana Jaakkola. This was the first tour in English and I am sure there will be more, in addition to her popular tours in Finnish. 

We visited plenty of mysterious locations and heard some great stories too. Here is a sneak peak at a couple of the places we visited:


The Old Haunted Church


The Haunted Artist's Courtyard

I am looking forward to a new writing collaboration on Ghost Stories in Rauma and we hope to publish a book of short stories this year...should be fun!

By the way, if you are interested in Ghost Tours in English, contact Saana on Facebook at: Vanhan Rauman Kummituskierros, if you dare, that is!

I also discovered a new gadget on this Blogger platform which allows you to easily change the language on each blog. You will find this at the side of each blog page. I hope that this will be useful for Finnish readers and those farther afield.

I will be doing some more writing over the next days, so whatever you are reading (or writing)  this weekend, 

I hope that you enjoy it!

Best wishes 
John