From Rauma to Helsinki

From Rauma to Helsinki 

The City of Helsinki

Three months ago I set myself another challenge. I had enjoyed writing my first book, "The Paintings of Rauma" so much that I wanted to take the lead character, Jussi Alonen, on another adventure. This time, he would move from Rauma to Helsinki for a while and experience city life and some new challenges. 

Some of you may know that I like to set challenging goals for myself and I wanted to complete the draft book in just over 3 months time, completing it by September 30th. I am happy to say that on that day, I finished the last sentence of the book and it now sits completed on my laptop.
Of course, the draft is just the beginning of course and the book will spend the next month being proofed, edited and a suitable cover designed. It will be published by November 1st.  

As I mentioned, the working title "The Waves of Helsinki" arose from the subject matter involved and I have really come to like it. Therefore, this will be the name of the 2nd Jussi Alonen novel, that can either be read by itself or following the first book. This book will involve theft and murder on the high seas, requiring travel to both Latvia and Russia and with Jussi going deeper into the underworld than he would like. 

I cannot wait to publish another book and as I write this, there is already a 3rd book under way, a little different in subject matter this time but firmly based in Rauma. This will not be a Jussi Alonen novel, although I do plan a 3rd story for him in 2021...actually I have already started with the outline!

Whatever you are reading, I hope you enjoy it!

Stay safe and see you next time, 


John