Unwrapping the Mystery

 Unwrapping the Mystery


The first batch of printed copies

I do like E-books for convenience, as I live out here in Finland but I have to say that there is nothing quite like seeing your text appear as a new paperback book!

So, I had the pleasure of receiving the first batch of printed copies of "The Waves of Helsinki" this morning. Having already sold some E-books and Printed copies via my friends at Amazon, I ordered some copies for distribution in Finland. These books go into various channels and also some go to those who order a signed copy directly from me.

I really like the way this book looks! Also, as this book is the second in the series of: Jussi Alonen - A Detective in Finland, the cover of my first novel: "The Paintings of Rauma" has been updated to follow a similar look and feel.

At this point I start to think about the next book. I have a great project coming up, which will take some time to prepare and write, to will be published later in 2021. However, in those quiet moments, I will dip into a 3rd Jussi Alonen novel from time to time and no doubt it will also appear during 2021. 

Someone asked me about my influences recently and what the books are like? Well, everyone has influences form great authors and mine certainly include John Grisham - I have every book he has ever published. Perhaps also Robert Ludlum's Bourne series and also every police drama I have ever read or watched...especially Inspector Morse and the great John Thaw and Kevin Whateley. However, Jussi Alonen is his own man and his adventures will no doubt twist and turn in many directions over the following years. Actually, I enjoy the character so much that there just might be many more books ahead. 

Of course a writer is nothing without readers, so if you are interested to read another slice of Nordic Noir from Finland, in English, featuring Jussi Alonen and it has to be said, a little more action in all kinds of ways, it is available on Amazon now at: Buy Here and if you want to read the first book before this one (not totally necessary but recommended) then you will see both books (and my list of short stories) available at My Author Page on Amazon. By the way, the book is available from all Amazon sites worldwide so check out which one is easiest for you, .com .uk etc. 

And, if anyone would like a signed copy, then I am always more than happy to oblige!

Best wishes everyone and stay safe! 
John