The Heat of Havana - Publication Day

 The Heat of Havana - Publication Day



The Heat of Havana - Cover

Hello Again!

Today is the publication day for my new novel: The Heat of Havana. It's always a nice moment when after all of that work, your book finally launches and you can see it on websites and social media. It seems a long time since November 2020 when I published the second novel in the Jussi Alonen Detective Series. However, during the past six months, I have also taken the opportunity to update the first two books and the whole story comes together really nicely. I enjoyed writing this particular book even more so because I was able to bring in a character from the past and write in some interesting twists, turns and a completely unexpected ending. 

As this is the third in the family of Jussi Alonen Detective Adventure novels, I can officially call it a trilogy now. I am actually shocked that I have published all three books in one year! There was a time when I dreamt of launching my first book and now writing seems to have become a daily part of me. 

The Jussi Alonen Detective Adventure Series 

I was also delighted that The Fiction Cafe Book Club featured my book launch today:


The Fiction Cafe Book Club

Here is the synopsis for the new book:

The Heat of Havana finds Detective Jussi Alonen settled down in Rauma once again. However, little does he know that a thrilling new adventure awaits him, one which will not only reconnect him with an old flame but also result in his involvement with international crime once again. 


Smuggling high-quality Cuban cigars to wealthy Eastern Europeans is a lucrative business. However, when a problem arises, Jussi’s old friend Heli finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time and he unexpectedly finds himself in Havana. 


Can he save her and return to his life as a detective in Finland? This Nordic Noir mystery gradually evolves into high-octane action as Jussi’s new nemesis follows him from Cuba to Finland, with both bent on revenge, in this gripping new story. 


Cigars, mojitos and rumba turn into kidnapping, smuggling and murder, immersing Jussi in his most exciting adventure yet!


Of course, a book is just a thing without readers, so if you like the sound of my books, you can buy The Heat of Havana or the first two books: The Paintings of Rauma and The Waves of Helsinki right here: Amazon or your favourite Amazon site worldwide.

If you live in or can visit the beautiful city of Rauma, you can also purchase my first two novels (signed copies) at the best local bookstore around: Vanhan Rauma Kirjakauppa.

If you wish to buy a signed copy of the Heat of Havana, just reach out to me by email: john@mycoachjohn.com, and I will be happy to arrange it for you. 

If you do buy any of my books - Thank you very much! 

I hope that you enjoy reading The Heat of Havana, as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Best wishes John